Academy Lunches and Free School Meals (FSM)
We like to keep our lessons varied and interesting, so why not do the same with our school meals?
At lunchtime we encourage students to have an Academy meal. These meals are cooked onsite and are nutritionally balanced. All meat served is Halal. We always offer a choice including a vegetarian option. Our lunch menu is rotated every 3 weeks.
Alternatively students may bring a packed lunch. We ask parents and carers providing packed lunches to choose healthy options with a balanced selection of food including fruit and vegetables, juice and/or water. These will help your child to stay healthy and to concentrate in lessons. Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to school each day which can be refilled at our fountains.
For information on how you can pay for your child's Academy lunches please see our Parent Pay page.
Applying for Free School Meals
Your child may receive free school meals if you get any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals they'll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they're in.