Assessment at Oasis Academy Silvertown
We are proud of our ambitious curriculum and the breadth and depth of learning that it ensures for our students. We assess students formally and informally throughout all areas of our curriculum in order to:
- Help students embed and use knowledge fluently
- Check understanding and inform teaching
- Communicate to others how well students are progressing
In addition to regular in class quizzes, independent tasks and reviews of learning, students are assessed formally at the following times:
- Year 7-9: December and July
- Year 10: December, March and July
- Year 11: Mock exams in November and February. Formal GCSE examinations in May and June.
Following the period of Academy closure due to Covid 19, the Academy will be focussing on teaching and will not immediately be running formal assessments with the majority of students.